Before our Cisco IP phone 7962 headset setup, we need to become familiar with the Cisco 7962 connections (reference image below). In addition, we need to determine if we will be using a wired headset or wireless headset. Both options of headsets below are 100% compatible with your Cisco 7962 phone.
#1 Cisco IP Phone 7962 headset setup with Discover™ wired headset.Before connecting your Discover™ D701 or D702, we need to make sure we have the D100 direct connect cable. This cable is sold separately and is required in order for your Discover™ D701 or D702 wired headset to work. Once you have the D100 direct connect cable, it is then plug and play. Connect one end of the D100 cable to the discover wired headset QD and plug the other end directly to the Cisco 7962 HEADSET PORT. Reference the image above to find your headset port.
#2 Cisco IP Phone 7962 headset setup with Discover™ wireless headsets.
There are two ways to connect our Discover™ D901, D902 or D903 wireless headsets to your Cisco 7962 phone. We will show the proper Cisco IP phone 7962 headset setup guide with our Discover™ wireless headsets.
A) Connecting directly into the Cisco 7962 headset port
Out of the Discover™ wireless headset box, you will have all the contents you need for the Cisco IP phone 7962 headset setup. Each Discover™ wireless headset model uses the same charging base. This makes it a simple and easy setup, no matter which model you choose!
Included in the box: Discover™ headset, charging base, D432 battery, battery door cover, AC power adapter, phone cord and USB cable.
Follow these quick Cisco IP Phone 7962 headset setup steps. Reference image below if needed.
1) When you first receive a Discover wireless headset, start by plugging the AC power adapter into a wall outlet, then plug the other end into the back of the charging base (6).
2) Connect the phone cord provided with the headset into the back of the charging base (8). Plug the other end of the phone cord into the Cisco 7962 HEADSET PORT (reference Cisco 7962 image above).
3) This step is OPTIONAL. If you want to use our Discover™ wireless headset with your PC or mac for webinars, video conferencing, music or softphones, you have that choice. Plug one end of the USB cable into the charging base (5) then plug the other end into your PC or Mac.
4) Your Cisco IP phone 7962 headset setup is now complete.
Note: On the bottom of the charging base is a 1-6 sliding adjustment (11). You may need to change this setting to 2 or 4.
B) Cisco IP Phone 7962 Headset Setup Guide with EHS for remote answering features.
If you find value in the ability to answer or end your phone calls remotely from a wireless headset, then you will need the Discover™ D625 EHS cable. The D625 EHS cable is always sold separately. Below is our Cisco IP phone 7962 headset setup with our D625 EHS cable.
1) Reference setup guide A.
2) Install the D625 EHS cable by plugging one end into the back of the Discover™ charging base labeled AUX. Then plug the other end into the back of your Cisco 7962 AUX PORT.
3) On the bottom of the Discover charging base, switch the EHS selection to the RHL setting.
4) You are now setup to answer or end calls remotely up to 1200 feet from your wireless headset.
NOTE: If the remote answering isn't working, you need to either enable the EHS cable on your Cisco phone, by going into your settings. Or this has to be enabled from your IT group who manages your phone system.