When dealing with any headset vendor it’s easy to wonder did I get the best deal? Did I select the right vendor? Are there really any differences from one vendor to another? Was I presented with all my options? The list of questions you could have asked or you might wonder about can be lengthy.
In this blog I’d like to provide you with a few questions you can ask that will help you to know more about the vendor you’re considering and other details that can be of benefit to you just by asking.
Buying headsets isn’t a daily practice for a lot of companies and individuals. Still, when it’s time to check out the latest models and upgrade the staff, you want to be sure that you have enough information to make a good decision.
Naturally you’re going to need information on the product. For example, if you know that wireless headsets are what you need (not wired models), then you’ve taken the first step in narrowing down the options. You might also want to know more about any special programs that are available as well as details on warranties. A few areas to keep in mind include:
- Refurbished equipment
- Trade-in credit
- Replacement equipment
- Shipping details
- Post sale technical assistance
Too often the focus of headset conversations stays centered around the product itself such as features and pricing. Though these are very important details, don’t overlook asking about other areas so you have a broader picture of what you’re getting.
Below are questions you can pose to your prospective headset vendor to find out more about what they offer and how.
- Do you offer discounts if we purchase several units? If so, how many would I need to buy and what would the discounted price be?
- Do you offer trade-in credit for our old headsets? If so, what’s the trade-in amount?’
- Do you offer refurbished equipment that has the same warranty as new? If so, can you tell me about your refurbishing process?
- When a product exchange is needed, do you offer advance replacements or are we required to send in the defective unit before we can receive a replacement?
- Regarding replacements, who pays for shipping each way?
- When I need technical assistance, do you provide it, or, would I be redirected to another company for support?
- Do you offer purchase options besides the balance in full?
- How long is the warranty and what does it cover?
- What things are not covered by the warranty?
- If I end up purchasing the wrong product, how much time do I have to exchange it for the right one?
Selecting a great headset is important because it’s one of those rare products purchased for office workers that’s worn personally making it up close and personal. What you can expect once the deal is done carries a lot of importance too. By asking a few specific questions in the buying process, you’ll have a better picture of what you’re getting.
Looking for some headsets? We can help! Merritt Communications has been in business since 1994 and we’re A+ rated with the Better Business Bureau. Our Headset Advisors can make good recommendations for you based on your exact requirements. Contact us today for assistance.
You might also like a free copy of the 2017 headset buyers guide. This guide is packed full of information on headsets for offices, Call Centers, USB applications and even remote workers. Concise, informative and a lot of images, examples and descriptions. Download your free copy now by clicking the banner below.