One of the many great features found on the Plantronics Savi 700 series wireless headset is its ability to conference up to four people onto a call. Why would you need to do this?
- Collaborate together without need to schedule a conference room
- Shadow a new employee to aid in training
- Monitoring employee calls for quality assurance
Essentially, pairing up multiple headsets to one base is designed to help increase productivity and enhance the training process. If either, or both of these are important to you and you use Savi headsets, this blog will walk you through the process to get up to four headsets working with one Savi 700 base.
There are two ways to conference in multiple Savi headsets. One is secure which means all headsets are the same model as shown above. The other is over-the-air which allows you to conference different Savi models to one base.
In this blog I’ll outline the secure pairing process which is pairing three additional headsets (four total) that are all the same model. In this example, all four headsets are the Plantronics Savi W740, though the same steps can be used for Savi 710, Savi 720 or Savi 730. Over-the-air pairing will be covered in a separate blog.
The master headset needs to be on before additional Savi headsets can be linked.
The guest headset is placed into the master charging base the same was as though you’re wanting to recharge or dock your headset top.
The tone heard in the master headset is a multi-tone that alerts the primary that a guest wants to join in on the call. The primary can accept or ignore this request. To ignore don’t do anything. To accept the request, move to step 4.
Once the master single presses the call control button following being notified (via the beep tones), the guest headset is now connected. The base subscription light will show yellow to confirm a conference is in session.
To add additional headsets for a total of 4, repeat steps 1 through 4.
- If the master headset is using a handset lifter or Electronic Hookswitch Cable (EHS Cable) for remote call answering, you cannot use the conference feature. You can unplug the EHS cable or lifter and then follow steps 1-4 above and that would work fine.
- If the master headset is turned off, all guests will be disconnected from the call. To rejoin, you’ll need to go through the conference pairing process again. In this example, to continue connection through a series of calls, you’d leave the master headset on and use your PHONE features (end call, new call etc) to terminate and initiate calls. In doing so, you can keep the connections in place as you go from call to call.
IN THE MARKET FOR NEW HEADSETS? Why not trade in your old headsets to lower the cost of getting new ones? Less cost, less clutter and less stuff heading to the landfill. Click below now to request your free trade in quote.